To drink everyday isn’t necessarily the best advice you can receive. While alcohol does more harm than good when abused, there are ways it can actually benefit your health.
Wine isn’t just to get your date loosen up a bit or amp up your appetite. In fact, there are a lot of perks it can give your body— provided you’re only having a glass daily.
To further prove that we’re not bluffing, here are some of the recent studies done by researchers worldwide.
- The New England Journal of Medicine gathered 12, 000 women aged 70-81 and sorted out those who drank one glass of wine daily and those who don’t. They then found that brainpower is stronger among those who drink. There’s 23% reduced risk of any cognitive decline as well.
- Leceister University conducted a study among rats. The test included sober rats and those who consumed wine. Overtime, the results have shown that there are fewer chances for bowel cancer among those who drank wine.
Benefits of Drinking Wine
Now that we’ve got Science on our side, it’s time to learn more even more benefits to drinking a glass of wine daily.
1. It empowers mental activity for a longer time.
Thanks to drinking wine, you are lessening the chances of you experiencing early stages of mental degeneration.
The Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine has done over 140 studies among 365,000 participants since 1977. The results have shown that moderate wine drinking can decrease dementia, Alzheimer’s and other cognitive impairment.
2. It prevents and can treat cancer.
Resveratrol is found on the skin of grapes. While many studies are needed to further prove its worth in fighting cancer, it does attribute to better chemotherapy and radiation.
3. It reduces the likelihood of heart ailments.
The American Heart Association condemns excessive alcohol intake, as it can lead to heart ailments. As for one glass of wine a day, the institution is all for it.
Since wine relaxes your blood vessels, you are able to prevent unhealthy cholesterol for being oxidized. From here, you are able to lessen the chances of you getting any heart disease.
Wine is surely helpful to keep you healthy and happy. Just keep in mind that we’re only talking about one glass of wine daily.